"You must add your Exchange Online tenant as an additional forest" message when you run the Hybrid Configuration wizard in Exchange 2010
Note The Hybrid Configuration wizard that's included in the Exchange Management Console in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 is no longer supported. Therefore, you should no longer use the old Hybrid Configuration wizard. Instead, use the Office 365 Hybrid Configuration wizard that's available at http://aka.ms/HybridWizard. For more information, see Office 365 Hybrid Configuration wizard for Exchange 2010.
When you run the Hybrid Configuration wizard in Exchange Server 2010, you receive the following message:
You receive this message even though you already added the Office 365 tenant as an Exchange forest in the Exchange Management Console.
You must add your Exchange Online tenant as an additional forest before you can run the Hybrid Configuration wizard.
- Open the Exchange Management Console, and then follow these steps:
- Remove the existing Office 365 tenant.
- Re-add the Office 365 tenant. When you're prompted to specify the user name and password of the Office 365 admin account, make sure that you select the Remember my credentials check box
- Rerun the Hybrid Configuration wizard.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website or the Exchange TechNet Forums.
Article ID: 3089030 - Last Review: 04/26/2016 14:53:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- o365e o365m o365022013 o365 o365a hybrid KB3089030