Error Message: 'All.part2' Is Null or Not an Object
This article was previously published under Q309056
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Under the following conditions, you may receive an "'all.part2' is null or not an object" script error message, and the information-collection process may stop:
- Your Windows XP-based computer has a Memory Stick device.
- You completed the following steps to view hardware information about your computer:
- Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
- Click Use Tools to view your computer information and diagnose problems, and then click My Computer Information.
- Click Find information about the hardware installed on this computer.
- You see a "Please wait while information is being collected" message.
- The information-collection process is collecting local disk information.
- The progress bar is at 9 percent.
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows XP. For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in theMicrosoft Knowledge Base:
322389 How to Obtain the Latest Windows XP Service PackThe English version of this fix should have the following file attributes or later:
Date Time Size File name ----------------------------------------------- 12-DEC-2001 13:24 27,032 Syscomponentinfo.js
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article. This problem was first corrected in Windows XP Service Pack 1.
Article ID: 309056 - Last Review: 12/06/2015 06:07:48 - Revision: 1.3
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhotfixserver kbqfe kbbug kbenv kberrmsg kbfix kbsysadmin kbui kbwinxpsp1fix KB309056