"A program is trying to send an e-mail program on your behalf..." message when you send a Word Template documents via E-mail in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Every time you send a Word Template document via e-mail, you see this message:
A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date. For more information about e-mail safety and how you might be able to avoid getting this warning, click Help.
When the user clicks SEND, the system looks for certain MAPI settings in the Win.ini file that are not there. (You could disable through Programmatic Access on the Trust Center window, but there is an easier fix.)
Here is an easy fix:
1. Open a Windows Explorer window and go to C:\Windows.
2. Make a backup of the Win.ini
3. Open the WIN.ini file found in this folder.
4. Look for the MAPIX setting in the file under the [Mail] section of the file.
a. If the MAPIX setting reads MAPIX=0, please change the 0 to a 1 and then save the file.
b. If there is not a MAPIX setting under the Mail section, please add the following under the Mail section of the file:
5. Once you have modified the WIN.ini file, please be sure to save the changes and then close the file.
6. Then you can restart both Microsoft Outlook and Dynamics GP to ensure that the changes to the file are picked up.
If you run into trouble with editing the Win.ini you can save this to your desktop and drag and drop it into the C:\Windows folder.
If this still does not work you will need validate your Registry. The document below will walk you through on how to check your Registry for Mail. Go through Steps 1-7 and choose Option A if you are 32-bit or Option B if you are 64-bit.
Click HERE to open the blog article and click on the link at the bottom to download the 'Registry MAPI Fix.doc' .
word templates error email "A program is trying to send an email message on your behalf"
Article ID: 3091943 - Last Review: 08/25/2015 16:29:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
- kbmbsmigrate kbsurveynew KB3091943