The Find template may map the First
and Last Name
fields incorrectly. This problem occurs with Japanese-language, Chinese-language (Traditional and Simplified), and Korean-language templates. The Last Name
label is on the left but it maps to Given-Name
, and the First Name
label is on the right but maps to Surname
, which is reversed from other languages.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Run Update.exe from the latest Exchange 2000 Server service pack to update the files on the server. You must use Service Pack 3 or a later version.
- Run Update /forestprep from the latest Exchange 2000 service pack to update the details templates in Active Directory.
- Revert to the new templates. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start System Manager. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager.
- In the console tree, double-click Recipients, double-click Details Templates to display the language list, and then double-click a language that is used by your clients.
- In the Details pane, double-click each template that you want to revert to.
- In the Properties dialog box, click the Templates tab.
- Click Original to allow the new templates to take effect.
- Click OK.
- Quit Exchange System Manager.
To work around this problem:
- In Exchange System Manager, click the Recipients object, click Detail Templates, and then click Language.
- Click Search Dialog, open the properties, and then click the Templates tab.
- Click the Given-Name edit line, change it to surname, and then click OK.
- Click the Surname edit line, change it to Given-Name, and then click OK.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server.
In the English-language template, the First Name
label appears on the left and maps to Given-Name
, and the Last Name
label is on the right and maps to Surname
Article ID: 309235 - Last Review: October 24, 2013 - Revision: 2.3
- Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server Standard Edition
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbbug kbexchange2000presp2fix kbexchange2000sp2fix kbpending KB309235|