Image appears as red X after you upgrade from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010
After you upgrade from SharePoint Server 2007 to SharePoint Server 2010, all the images whose hyperlinks point to AssetUploader.aspx are now blank. Only a red X or a black X is displayed. Additionally, you can't find the AssetUploader.aspx file in SharePoint Server 2010.
AssetUploader.aspx has been removed from SharePoint Server 2010 because it causes performance issues.
To work around this issue, create a custom page that has the same functionality and behavior as AssetUploader.aspx to convert the images to thumbnails. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use the SPFile class (System.Object Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFile) to reference the image or picture object.
- Get the SPFile stream by using the SPFile.SaveBinary method (Stream).
- Use the stream to instantiate the file in binary format.
- Return the bytes of the Bitmap object.
For more information, see the following MSDN articles:
- SPFile class:
- SPFile.SaveBinary method (Stream):
Article ID: 3092544 - Last Review: 09/29/2015 17:30:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010