"InternetSetCookie failed" error when you configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook
When you try to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook, you receive the following error message:
"There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."
When you click details, the following additional detail is shown:
InternetSetCookie failed with error code: 87 at Microsoft.Crm.CookieManager.SetCookies(Uri webApplicationUri, CookieCollection cookies, CookieDataFlags cookieFlags, String p3pHeader)
at Microsoft.Crm.CookieManager.SetCookies(Uri webApplicationUri, CookieCollection cookies)
The server name in the URL contains an underscore character ("_"). Example: http://crm_server.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook uses the InternetSetCookieEx function which does not work if the URL contains an underscore character.
1. Create a DNS alias for the server that does not use an underscore character ("_"). Example: http://crmserver.
2. Within Deployment Manager on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server, select Microsoft Dynamics CRM in the upper-left corner and then click Properties.
3. Click the Web Address tab and update all URLs to use the DNS alias.
4. Click OK.
5. Attempt to configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook using the new URL that does not contain an underscore character.
PRB: Session Variables Do Not Persist Between Requests After You Install Internet Explorer Security Patch MS01-055
Internet Explorer Cookie Internals (FAQ)
Article ID: 3092666 - Last Review: 08/27/2015 21:36:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015, Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- kbmbsmigrate kbsurveynew KB3092666