Works Suite: Works Word Processor (.wps) file opens as blank document in Word 2002
This article was previously published under Q309500
When you open a Microsoft Works Word Processor (.wps) file in Microsoft Word 2002, the file opens as a blank document.
This issue may occur if the following conditions exist:
- Microsoft Word 2002 was installed with the Works Suite installation process.
- The .wps file is from Works Word Processor.
- You open the .wps file in Microsoft Word 2002 in one of the following manners:
- You right-click the file, click Open with, and then click Microsoft Word 2002.
- You double-click the file when the .wps file extension has been associated with Microsoft Word 2002.
This issue does not occur with stand-alone installations of Word 2002.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Start Word 2002.
- On the File menu, click Open.
- Browse to the .wps file that you are trying to open, and then select it.
- Click Open.
Or, if the file is listed on the Works Task Launcher History
tab, you can open it from there.
Article ID: 309500 - Last Review: 01/31/2007 19:48:00 - Revision: 4.1
- Microsoft Works Suite 2005
- Microsoft Works Suite 2004
- Microsoft Works Suite 2003
- Microsoft Works Suite 2002
- Microsoft Works 8.0
- Microsoft Works Suite 2006