How to Set the Write Speed for a CD-R Drive in Windows XP
This article was previously published under Q309522
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to set the recording speed for a CD-R drive in Windows XP.
To set the recording speed for a CD-R drive in Windows XP, use either of the following methods.
- Double-click My Computer, right-click your CD-R drive, and then click Properties.
- Click the Recording tab, select the speed the CD recordable media will be written at under Desktop CD Recording, and then click OK.
- In Windows Media Player, click Options on the Tools menu.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Click your CD-R drive, click Properties, and then click the Recording tab.
- Choose a writing speed.
302711 Windows XP Does Not Support Testing Before Writing to CD-R or CD-RW Media
Article ID: 309522 - Last Review: 12/07/2015 07:58:50 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto KB309522