SharePoint 2013 workflow creates documents that can’t be opened in Word Online
Consider the following scenario.
- You have a workflow in SharePoint Online that was created by using the SharePoint 2013 Workflow Platform Type.
- The workflow uses the Create List Item action to create a document based on a content type.
- When you try to open the document in Word Online, you receive the following message:Sorry, Word Online ran into a problem opening this document. To view this document, please open it in Microsoft Word.
- If the item that you specified uses a custom template, the item that's created doesn’t contain the contents from the custom template.
To work around this issue, use the SharePoint 2010 Workflow Platform Type to perform the Create List Item action.
Note You may have to change the template for the content type. For more information, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
2889634 SharePoint 2010 Workflow platform creates Word files that can't be opened
This is a known issue in SharePoint Online.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
מזהה פריט: 3095603 - סקירה אחרונה: 09/17/2015 16:35:00 - תיקון: 2.0
Microsoft SharePoint Online
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kbbug kbnofix KB3095603