For a complete description of the issues fixed in Visio 2002 SR-1, see the following articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Visio2002: Solution-Specific Menu Bar Commands Are Missing When You Open a Visio Template
Visio2002: Visio Stops Responding When You Try to Sort Model Properties of Components
Visio2002: Error Message When You Use Redo Command to Restore Organization Chart Theme: Runtime Error!
Visio2002: Security Warning Dialog Box Is Not Displayed When You Open a Visio File That Contains a Digitally Signed Macro
Visio2002: Save as Web Page Command Truncates File Name That Contains an Underscore (_)
Visio2002: Performance Is Degraded When You Perform Certain Tasks
Visio2002: "Error--Buffer Overrun" and "Runtime Error!" Error Messages When You Open a Visio or CAD Drawing File
Visio2002: Text Rotated 180 Degrees When You Save Drawing As an AutoCAD .dwg or .dxf File
In addition to fixes listed above, SR-1 also corrects the following:
- AutoCAD DWG filter improvements:
- When you convert an AutoCAD DWG file that contains nested blocks, the subblocks are not converted.
- When you open a Visio DWG file in AutoCAD, measurement units change from millimeters to inches.
- When you save your file as DWG or DXF and then reopen it in Visio, objects in the upper left quadrant shift to the lower left quadrant and objects in the lower right quadrant shift to the lower left quadrant.
- When you export a file, the size or length of text changes and the text extends outside of the shape. TrueType font sizes are expanded to 33% of original size.
- When you convert text attributes that contain a quotation mark (") indicating inches, the result is blank or the number 0.
- When you attept to calculate area by using the Shape Area and Perimeter tool, area is incorrectly calculated in millimeters.
- If you attempt to input dates prior to 1/1/1900 in the Timeline solution, Visio stops responding (hangs).
- In an organization chart, if you use the Compare Organization Data feature, the changes are listed twice in the report.
- If you installed Visio by using active directory advertising, the DWG conversion filter fails to install on first use.
- When Visio 2002 is distributed or deployed as part of a hard disk image, Enterprise or Select users may be asked to activate the product.
New Capabilities in Visio 2002 SR-1
Support for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2002
If you are using Visual Studio .NET 2002 as your development environment, Visio Professional 2002 SR-1 adds the ability to reverse-engineer your Visual Studio .NET 2002 projects to create UML (Unified Modeling Language) class diagrams. This feature includes support for the following languages:
- Microsoft Visual Basic .NET
- Microsoft Visual C# .NET
- Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
Visual Studio .NET must be installed for this UML functionality to be available.
Support for Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
You can save a Visio document as a Web page directly to a document library. To use this feature, you must have Microsoft Office XP or Microsoft Office 2000 installed, and a server running Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server.
When you select the ClearType Support
option, text on LCD (or flat panel) screens appears exceptionally clear. When you select this feature, the horizontal resolution is tripled on Microsoft Windows XP.
This functionality is unavailable (dimmed) if you are running one of the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows NT
- Microsoft Windows 95/98
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me)
To locate this option, click Options
on the Tools
menu, and then click the View
If you want to use the ClearType feature to view Japanese or Chinese characters, update your Windows XP GDI+ files. To do this, download the appropriate file for your system.
The following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:NOTE
: After you apply this update, you must restart your computer.
The English version of this fix should have the following file attributes or later. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time
tool in Control Panel.
Date Time Version Size File name Platform ---------------------------------------------------------------------- 15-Mar-2002 00:17 5.1.3100.0 1,716,224 Gdiplus.dll i386 26-Mar-2002 21:04 5.1.3100.0 5,256,192 Gdiplus.dll Itanium 64-bit
Limited Hebrew Text Composition Support
You can use a simple form of bidirectional text composition for sequences of Hebrew characters (similar to the same implementation in Visio 5). You can read Hebrew text on the following operating systems:
- Hebrew Windows 98
- U.S. English Windows 2000
- U.S. English Windows XP