Stop Error When You Upgrade from Windows 2000: Bad_Pool_Caller 0xC2
This article was previously published under Q310527
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you upgrade your Compaq Professional Workstation AP550 computer from Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional to Windows XP, either of the following symptoms may occur:
- If you click Yes, download the updated Setup files (Recommended) in the Get Updated Setup Files dialog box during Setup, you receive the following message in the Report System Compatibility dialog box: The following items are not compatible with Windows XP. The compatibility issue with some of these items must be resolved before running Setup again.Clicking Details causes the following message to appear:
For more information about an item, select it, and then click Details.
Winnov Videum SoftwareThis software is not compatible with this version of Windows and must be uninstalled before upgrading.
For a list of devices and applications supported by this version of Windows, see the list of compatible hardware and software on the Microsoft Web site.
- If you click No, skip this step and continue installing Windows in the Get Updated Setup Files dialog box during Setup, you receive the following error message on a blue screen: STOP 0xC2
This problem can occur if the computer contains a Winnov Videum AVI video capture adapter with the Videum software version 2.9.2 installed (this software includes the Winnov32.sys version 200.9.2812 file).
If you clicked Yes, download the updated Setup files (Recommended) in the Get Updated Setup Files dialog box during Setup, remove the Winnov Videum software by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel, and then install Windows XP again.
If you clicked No, skip this step and continue installing Windows in the Get Updated Setup Files dialog box during Setup, follow these steps:
- Start your computer to a command prompt.
If your computer uses the FAT file system, start your computer with a Microsoft Windows 95, Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition startup disk. If your computer uses the NTFS file system, start your computer by using Recovery Console.
- Delete the Winnov32.sys, Wnvkaud.sys, Wnvcom.sys, and Wnkvid.sys files in the %Windir%\System32\Drivers folder.
- Restart the computer from the hard disk.
- Click Continue Windows XP Setup.
311220 Description of the Dynamic Update Feature in Windows XP Setup
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
311220 Description of the Dynamic Update Feature in Windows XP SetupFor more information about the Videum AVI video adapter, visit the following Winnov Web site:
The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Article ID: 310527 - Last Review: 12/07/2015 08:01:53 - Revision: 2.3
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbenv kberrmsg kbbug kbfix KB310527