How to copy a FrontPage 2002 Web site to a local hard disk
This article was previously published under Q310620
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
For a Microsoft FrontPage 2003 version of this article, see 825448
IN THIS TASK
Use this step-by-step guide to copy a Web site to a local computer by using the Publish
feature in Microsoft FrontPage 2002.back to the top Copying a Web Site to a Local Computer
back to the top
- Start FrontPage.
- On the File menu, click Open Web to open the web you want to copy to the local hard disk.
- On the File menu, click Publish Web.
- In the Publish Destination dialog box, choose either of the following options:
- In the Enter publish destination box, type the path to the local folder where you want to copy the Web. Use the following syntax
DriveLetter:\FolderName where DriveLetter is the physical hard disk drive letter and FolderName in the name of the folder on your hard disk.
- Click Browse to locate and select the folder you want.
NOTE: If you published this Web site previously, the Publish Destination dialog box does not appear. Proceed to step 5.
- Click OK.
- Choose the pages you want to publish.
- In the Publish Web dialog box, click Options.
- Click the Publish tab.
- In the General section, select the Publish and Changes options you want.
- If you want to create a log file for changes made during publishing, click to select the Log changes during publish check box.
- Click OK.
- To publish a subweb, click to select the Include subwebs check box.
- Click Publish.
Article ID: 310620 - Last Review: 02/28/2014 04:30:38 - Revision: 3.1
- Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowtomaster kbsavefile kbwebpublishing KB310620