FIX: DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP reports false inconsistency error 5283 on a database that contains a partitioned table in SQL Server
- You have a database that contains a partitioned table in Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or 2012.
- The table has a columnstore index, and the partitions of the table are mapped to different filegroups.
- You run the DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP statement.
However, when you run the DBCC CHECKDB statement, you don't receive any consistency error messages. Additionally, running the DBCC CHECKDB statement together with the REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS option doesn't fix the consistency errors. That's because the consistency error that's reported by DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP is a false positive and represents a reporting bug that can be ignored.
Cumulative Update informationThe issue was fixed in the following cumulative update for SQL Server:
- Cumulative update 3 for SQL Server 2016
- Cumulative update 6 for SQL Server 2012 SP3
- Cumulative Update 4 for SQL Server 2014 SP1
Article ID: 3108537 - Last Review: 11/17/2016 20:54:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbfix kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB3108537