Issues after Exchange Server upgrade if the arbitration mailbox isn't upgraded to the new Exchange server
After you install a new version of Microsoft Exchange Server, you experience one or more of the following issues:
- eDiscovery searches for new or moved mailboxes do not work.
- Mailbox moves stall or are not completed successfully.
- Audit report messages are not generated for new or moved mailboxes.
- Daily Skype for Business call logs for new or moved mailboxes are blank.
This issue occurs if the arbitration mailbox that's used for the process is still hosted on an older version of Exchange Server.
To resolve this issue, move the arbitration mailbox to the latest version of Exchange Server in the environment.
To do this, first run the following Get-Mailbox cmdlet to locate the arbitration mailbox:
Run the following New-MoveRequest cmdlet to move the mailbox:
Get-Mailbox -Arbitration | New-MoveRequest -TargetDatabase <name>
For more information about using the Get-Mailbox cmdlet, see Get-Mailbox.
For more information about using the New-MoveRequest cmdlet, see New-MoveRequest.
Article ID: 3108541 - Last Review: 11/13/2015 17:57:00 - Revision: 1.0
Exchange Server 2016 Enterprise Edition, Exchange Server 2016 Standard Edition, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB3108541