This step-by-step article describes how to adjust the
refresh rate of your monitor in Windows XP.
How to Change the Screen Refresh Rate of Your Monitor
- Click Start, click Control Panel, click Appearance and Themes, and then click Display.
Alternatively, right-click the desktop, and then click
- Click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
- Click the Monitor tab, and then click the screen refresh rate that you want to use.
- The default refresh rate setting is 60 Hertz (HZ); however,
your monitor may support a higher setting. Check your manufacturer's
documentation for information about the settings that your monitor
- If you use a higher refresh rate, you can reduce the rate
that your screen flickers; however, if you specify a refresh rate that is too
high for your monitor, your screen may become unusable and your hardware may be
- Changes to the refresh rate affect all users that log on to
Article ID: 311403 - Last Review: January 15, 2006 - Revision: 1.6
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
|kbhowto kbhowtomaster KB311403|