Coexistence administration for ANSI mode Exchange Server 2010 to Exchange 2013 in Office 365 dedicated/ITAR
When they are to Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 in Microsoft Office 365 dedicated/ITAR from ANSI mode Exchange Server 2010, administrators can access Exchange tools that are associated with the version of their Exchange mailbox.
For example, after an administrator's mailbox is moved to Exchange Server 2013, he or she can make connections only to the Exchange admin center and to Exchange Server 2013-based servers by using Remote PowerShell.
Note Administrators can continue to access the Customer Management Portal (CMP) after their mailbox is moved to Exchange Server 2013.
Windows Integrated Authentication (WIA) is required for redirection between Exchange Server 2010-based and Exchange Server 2013-based sites. WIA is disabled by design in Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2013 ANSI mode for improved security.
Some administrators may have to keep their mailboxes on Exchange Server 2010 ANSI mode to administer Exchange Server 2010 user mailboxes. Administrators may also create secondary accounts to administer different Exchange version mailboxes during the transition period.
Administrators can determine their version of the Exchange mailbox by running the following command:
Get-Mailbox <mbx> | ft ExchangeVersionThe result resembles one of the following:
- Exchange Server 2010 mailbox - ExchangeVersion : 0.10 (220.127.116.11)
- Exchange Server 2013 mailbox - ExchangeVersion : 0.20 (18.104.22.168)
Customer Management Portal (CMP)
- This tool is specific to the Exchange Server 2010 version of Office 365 dedicated/ITAR. It enables the export of permissions, alternative recipients, and Outlook data files (PSTs).
- This tool can be used to manage Exchange Server 2010 mailboxes only.
- Exchange Server 2010 built-in UI for administration.
- Exchange Server 2013 built-in UI for administration.
- Administrators have an endpoint to which they can connect in Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2013 so that they can administer mailboxes during the transition.
Article ID: 3117721 - Last Review: 11/18/2015 00:04:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal
- vkbportal226 KB3117721