Extensions for Microsoft Intune do not load in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager SP1 after you install Cumulative Update 2
The following information applies to Cumulative Update 2 only if you downloaded the update before November 13, 2015. On November 13, 2015, the installation media was revised to prevent this issue from occurring. The symptoms described here apply to environments that use extensions for Microsoft Intune. If your environment does not use extensions for Microsoft Intune, no further action is required.
For environments that have not yet deployed Cumulative Update 2 but use, or may use, extensions for Microsoft Intune, the revised installation media should be downloaded.
To restore any missing extensions, see the "Resolution" section.
After you install Cumulative Update 2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 (SP1), extensions for Microsoft Intune that you previously installed may not load. This can result in errors in the Administrator Console (Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.exe) that are associated with a given extension. Additionally, the Administrator Console may close unexpectedly when you try to open a deployment. It may display an exception message when you view or change the properties of a deployment type.
For example, after you try to edit the properties of a deployment type, you receive a message that resembles the following:
Exception not caught: System.IO.FileNotFoundException, System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.ConfigurationManagement.ApplicationManagement.WebAppInstaller, Version=18.104.22.168,,,”
Note The file name that is mentioned in the error may vary, depending on which extensions for Microsoft Intune are installed.
To restore extensions for Microsoft Intune and fix the Administrator Console errors, follow these steps:
- Download the revised installation file (CM12_SP2R2SP1CU2-KB3100144-X64-ENU.exe) for Cumulative Update 2.
- Close the Administrator Console.
- Delete the following file: <AdminConsoleRoot>\xmlStorage\Other\InstalledExtensions.xml
- Use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel to repair the Administrator Console.
- Run the update installer to reapply Cumulative Update 2 and update the Administrator Console.
- Start the Administrator Console, and then click Yes when you receive the following message:Extensions for Microsoft Intune have been enabled or disabled for this site.
To update this console with the changes, click Yes.
To continue without updating the console, click No. The console will be restarters in read-only mode.
- Wait for the console to update. After that, all extensions should again be available.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information, see the following Microsoft TechNet article:
The version that is displayed in the About System Center Configuration Manager dialog box is 5.0.8239.1302 after you install the revised media for Cumulative Update 2. No other site or component versions are changed.
Article ID: 3118546 - Last Review: 11/17/2015 00:59:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1
- kbqfe KB3118546