It takes a long time for an add-in to display a custom task pane in a document in Word 2016
When you run an add-in in Microsoft Word 2016, it takes a long time for the add-in to display a custom task pane in a document.
This issue occurs because Word 2016 uses an animation to display and hide the task pane.
To fix this issue, install December 8, 2015, update for Office 2016 (KB3114383), and then follow these steps to disable the animation.
Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Exit all Microsoft Office applications.
- Start Registry Editor. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Windows 10, go to Start, type regedit in the Search Windows box, and then select regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, move your mouse to the upper-right corner, click Search, type regedit in the search text box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- In Windows 7 or Windows Vista, click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the search results.
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Office\16.0\Common\
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableWindowTransitionsOnAddinTaskPanes, and then press Enter.
- In the Details pane, right-click DisableWindowTransitionsOnAddinTaskPanes, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3121687 - Last Review: 12/08/2015 18:52:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbexpertisebeginner kbbug kbfix kbtshoot KB3121687