You can't join a Skype Meeting Broadcast as an "Event team" member by using Lync for Mac 2011
Consider the following scenario:
- You try to join a Skype Meeting Broadcast as an Event team member.
- You have Lync for Mac 2011 installed.
In this situation, the Lync for Mac 2011 client never opens successfully.
To resolve this issue, refresh your browser. When you do this, the Lync for Mac 2011 client should join the meeting.
Or, another member of the Event team can click Invite More People in the Skype for Business meeting and then select the Lync for Mac 2011 user in question.
Note The Producer controls aren't available to Lync for Mac 2011 users. Skype Meeting Broadcast Producer controls are available only with the following clients:
- Skype for Business 2015 client (Click-to-Run)
- Skype for Business 2015 client (MSI)
- Skype for Business 2015 Basic client
- Skype for Business 2016 client (Click-to-Run)
- Skype for Business 2016 Basic client
This is a known interoperability issue with Skype Meeting Broadcast and the Lync for Mac 2011 client.
For more information about how to join a Skype Meeting Broadcast, go to the following Microsoft website:
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 3123041 - Last Review: 12/10/2015 01:17:00 - Revision: 2.0
Skype for Business Online
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB3123041