You can't join a Skype Meeting Broadcast as an "Event team" member
When you try to join a Skype Meeting Broadcast as an Event team member by using a supported Skype for Business client that has Producer controls, you experience the following behavior:
- You receive the following message in a yellow banner in the Skype for Business client: The connection to Skype Meeting Broadcast service was lost. Attempting to reconnect...
- The Producer controls disappear, and you can no longer change the broadcast layout or switch between modalities.
To resolve this issue, make sure that the following URLs and domains are configured to travel across all networking devices. They must be excluded from the web proxy solution to make sure that they aren't scanned and are non-proxied destinations.
The Skype for Business client uses the Unified Communications Web API (UCWA) for the producer controls when it participates in a Skype Meeting Broadcast as an Event team member. Many web content filtering solutions can affect the producer controls by interfering with web traffic from the Skype for Business client to the Skype Meeting Broadcast infrastructure.
For more information, see the following Microsoft websites:
- Set up Skype Meeting Broadcast
- Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges
- Websense - Using Office 365 with Cloud Web Protection Solutions
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 3123043 - Last Review: 12/10/2015 19:36:00 - Revision: 2.0
Skype for Business Online
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 kb3rdparty KB3123043