You receive a "0x800ccc13" error message when you try to send an e-mail message in Outlook 2002
SMTP Server: 'ServerName'
Error Number: 0x800ccc13
Upgrade to the Most Recent Version
- Start Internet Explorer, and then download the latest version of Internet Explorer from the following Microsoft Web site:
- Follow the download instructions.
- Restart the computer after the installation.
Install the Version of Outlook Express That Matches Your Version of Internet ExplorerImportant This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Use the Add/Remove Programs utility in Control Panel to remove the existing version of Outlook Express.
- Delete the contents of the C:\Program Files\Outlook Express folder, but do not delete the folder itself. Follow these steps:
- Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
- In the Folders pane, click the plus sign (+) to expand the My Computer folder, and then expand the Local Disk (C:) folder.
- Expand the Program Files folder, and then expand the Outlook Express folder.
- Select all of the files in the Outlook Express folder, and then click Delete.
- Use Registry Editor to delete two registry keys:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
- Locate the following two registry keys:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook ExpressHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express
- For each of the two keys, click the key, click Delete on the Edit menu, and then click Yes.
- Quit Registry Editor.
- To reinstall Outlook Express, use the Internet Explorer Add a component option in the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
Article ID: 312349 - Last Review: 12/07/2015 08:09:45 - Revision: 2.6
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbsendmail kbemail kberrmsg kbprb KB312349