The Voice tab doesn't appear in the Skype for Business Admin Center
When you browse the Skype for Business Admin Center in the Office 365 portal, the Voice tab isn't visible even though users are assigned a Cloud PBX license or an Office 365 Enterprise E5 license.
A Cloud PBX or an Office 365 Enterprise E5 license includes the ability to assign enterprise voice capabilities to Office 365 users. This can cause users to expect that a Voice tab will appear in the Skype for Business Admin Center. However, management of voice features online depends on which option is selected for PSTN connectivity. Use the following guidelines:
- If you want to use PSTN Calling from Microsoft for a cloud-based solution, you must buy a Voice calling plan. The Voice calling plan options are PSTN Local Calling and PSTN Local and International Calling, depending on your need. For more information, see Skype for Business Online licensing overview.
Note After one of these plans is applied to your organization, the Voice tab appears in the Skype for Business Admin Center.
- If you want to use your existing Skype for Business or Lync Server deployment for PSTN connectivity, an administrator must manage the telephone numbers and the associated Skype for Business features through the Skype Online remote PowerShell, the on-premises Skype for Business PowerShell, or the Skype for Business control panel.
For more information, see Deploy Cloud PBX with on-premises PSTN connectivity in Skype for Business Server 2015 or Lync Server 2013.
You can connect Cloud PBX to PSTN in the following ways:
- Purchase the PSTN Calling service add-on to Office 365.
- Use on-premises PSTN connectivity, in which software on-premises connects to your existing telephony infrastructure.
- Here's what you get with Cloud PBX
- Plan your Cloud PBX solution in Skype for Business 2015
- On-premises PSTN Connectivity with an existing deployment
- What is PSTN calling?
Article ID: 3123658 - Last Review: 02/20/2016 01:33:00 - Revision: 2.0
Skype for Business Online
- kbsurveynew o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB3123658