Windows 10 Version 1511 image incorrectly shows "Windows 10 Enterprise Technical Preview"
You may encounter one or more of the following issues with the Windows 10 Version 1511 ISOs or WIMs:
- After you import a .wim file into Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, the name or description will have references to "Technical preview".
- Dism /get-wiminfo has references to "Technical Preview".
- If you open an unattend.xml file created by using the .wim file, you will see "Technical Preview" listed in the CPI:Source section of the answer file.
- The text may be displayed in many different places in Deployment or other tools. For example, System Center Configuration Manager.
This issue occurs because of an incorrect description in Windows 10 Version 1511 install.wim.
Microsoft is aware of this issue and is investigating it. The incorrect description should not cause any issues.
Article ID: 3123871 - Last Review: 12/25/2015 05:38:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbtshoot KB3123871