The telephone contact number isn't updated for users who migrate to Skype for Business Online
- Users who are enabled for public switched telephone network (PSTN) calling in Microsoft Office 365 and who migrate from Skype for Business to Skype for Business Online have an incorrect telephone number displayed on their contact card.
- Skype for Business users who migrate to the cloud don't have their newly assigned telephone number displayed on their contact card.
- Users can't manage the telephone number that's displayed in the Office 365 contact card for users who are homed in Office 365.
- If a directory synchronization tool such as Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) Sync or Directory Sync (DirSync) is being used to synchronize users from on-premises to Office 365, the administrator should follow these steps:
- On the General tab of the user in Active Directory Users and Computers in the on-premises Active Directory schema, edit the Telephone Number property so that it reflects the number that you want displayed in the user’s contact card.
- Perform a directory synchronization by using Azure AD Sync or DirSync.
- Users who aren't synchronized from an on-premises Active Directory schema can have an Office 365 administrator update their Office phone property in the Office 365 admin center. Administrators should follow these steps. (For more information, see Edit or change users in Office 365.)
- Sign in to Office 365 by using your work or school account. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Go to the Office 365 admin center. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
- Go to Dashboard Users.
- On the Active users page, click the user whose information you want to edit, and then click Edit.
- Click Additional Details.
- In the Office phone field, enter the new telephone number.
- End-users can edit their own telephone numbers in Skype for Business. To this, they should follow these steps:
- Click Tools, click Options, and then click Phones.
- Update the Work Phone to the new telephone number, and then make sure that Include in my contact card displays the new telephone number to your contacts. For more information, go to the following Microsoft website:
For more information, go to the following Microsoft websites:
Still need help? Go to the Office 365 Community website.
Article ID: 3124587 - Last Review: 12/17/2015 01:45:00 - Revision: 2.0
- o365 o365e o365p o365a o365m o365022013 KB3124587