How to Use the SPCheck Tool to Determine the Service Pack Level of ISA Server Files
This article was previously published under Q312552
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
This article describes how to use the SPCheck tool to determine the service pack level of Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server components on a file-by-file basis.
This file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000:
Download Isaspchk.exe now
You can use the SPCheck tool to determine the service pack level of the following ISA Server components:
- ISA Management
- ISA Server services (including Firewall client files)
- ISA Server H.323 Gatekeeper Service
- ISA Server H.323 Gatekeeper Administration Tool
- ISA Server Message Screener
- Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Create an environmental variable called "isa_dir" that defines the folder that ISA Server is installed in on the target server. To do so on a Windows 2000-based server:
- Log on to the server by using the local Administrator account.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Environmental Variables.
- Under User variables for Administrator, click New.
- In the Variable Name box, type isa_dir.
- In the Variable Value box, type the full path to the folder where ISA Server is installed on the server. For example, type c:\program files\microsoft isa server.
- Click OK on all of the dialog boxes that were opened during this procedure.
- Copy Spcheck.exe and Spcheck.ini to any folder on the server, and then run Spcheck.exe.
- Use Notepad to examine the Spcheck.rpt report file that is generated. For additional information about how to interpret the report file, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:279631 How to Use the SPCheck Tool to Determine the Service Pack Level of Components
verify confirm version proxy
Article ID: 312552 - Last Review: 10/24/2013 08:34:02 - Revision: 2.4
Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbdownload kbhowto KB312552