SMTP Filter UI Displays Red X Instead of Rules
This article was previously published under Q313345
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) filter user interface (UI) shows red X instead of rules.
If you change the order of the Keyword rules, the SMTP application filter's UI becomes corrupted. For example, this issue can occur in the following situation:
- You open the SMTP filter Properties dialog box, and then click the [Keyword] tab.
- You add three rules (all the settings can be default).
- You select the third rule, and then disable it.
The third rule is displayed with a red X.
- You click the third rule, and then move it up in order.
The third rule now becomes the second rule.
- Click OK.
- Reopen the SMTP filter Properties dialog box.
The second rule is corrupted. A red X is displayed, but the name, applies to, and action are all blank.
This problem was corrected in Internet Security and Acceleration Server Service Pack 1.
For additional information, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to Obtain the Latest Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 Service Pack
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed at the beginning of this article.
Article ID: 313345 - Last Review: 10/24/2013 08:43:57 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 Standard Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbproductlink kbenv kbpending kbprb kbqfe KB313345