Outlook displays a "Disconnected" status when IPv6 is enabled
Microsoft Outlook cannot connect to your Microsoft Exchange mailbox, and the connection status is displayed as "Disconnected."
This issue may occur if you have IPv6 enabled on your network adapter and there are network connectivity issues on your IPv6 network.
To resolve this issue, fix the connectivity issues related to your IPv6 network.
If you are unable to resolve the issues on your IPv6 network, you can work around this issue by using one of the following methods. Method 1:
Disable IPv6 on your network adapter
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the View your active networks area, click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
- On the Networking tab, clear the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) check box, and then click OK.
Download the fix that's associated with the "Prefer IPv4 over IPv6 in prefix policies" topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
How to disable IPv6 or its components in Windows
Article ID: 3134780 - Last Review: 03/15/2016 08:24:00 - Revision: 2.0
Outlook 2016, Microsoft Outlook 2013, Microsoft Outlook 2010
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB3134780