An IRM-protected message sent to an external contact isn't returned in a search or discovery results when journaling is implemented in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
Consider the following scenario:
- You implement journaling in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 environment.
- You create a journal rule to enable journaling for the email messages that are sent to a journal recipient. The rule sends journal reports to an external contact.
- You enable journal report decryption so that an Information Rights Management (IRM)-protected message and a decrypted copy of the IRM-protected message are attached to the journal report.
- An IRM-protected message is sent to the journal recipient. The journal report is created and sent to the external contact.
This problem occurs because the IRM-protected message is hardcoded to be converted to Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF) when the server that is running Exchange Server decrypts the message.
To fix this issue, install Cumulative Update 14 for Exchange Server 2013 or a later cumulative update for Exchange Server 2013.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3134918 - Last Review: 09/20/2016 15:42:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB3134918