Can't print from the web if you run Internet Explorer 11 as another user
- You log on to a 64-bit version of Windows through user account A.
- You run Internet Explorer 11 through user account B (by using the Run as a different user option).
- You browse to any webpage by using this Internet Explorer instance.
- You try to print the webpage contents.
In this scenario, the document doesn't print. No error is displayed.
Alternatively, you could enable Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM) and force all processes to be 64-bit, but this applies to only websites that belong to security zones where Protected Mode is enabled (typically only the Internet zone). And this may also cause application compatibility issues.
Because of the problems that they may trigger, neither of the workarounds in this section are recommended. Therefore, removing the dependency is the best option.
Article ID: 3136268 - Last Review: 02/11/2016 18:25:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbtshoot KB3136268