Searching by Furigana in Outlook address book fails in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
In an Exchange Server 2013 environment, searching by Furigana (phonetic display name) in a Microsoft Outlook address book is unsuccessful. This issue occurs in online mode. However, when the customer uses cached mode and additional customized address list, the issue also occurs in additional address list.
Note When you have an additional address list, you have to add a registry key by following the steps in the "Registry Information" section after you install this update.
To fix this issue, install Cumulative Update 12 for Exchange Server 2013.
Registry InformationImportant Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
- Start Registry Editor
- Locate and then select the following registry subkey:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeAB
- Create the Parameters key if it doesn't exist under MSExchangeAB.
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type EnablePhoneticSort, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Details pane, right-click EnablePhoneticSort, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3136404 - Last Review: 03/28/2016 05:24:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Standard
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB3136404