Troubleshooting a calendar or mail item in Outlook for Office 365 Dedicated/ITAR
- It's important that users run the most recent version of their Outlook client. New versions of Outlook are routinely released to fix common issues. This information is available under File -> Help (in Outlook 2010) or under File -> Office Account (in Outlook 2013). The following resources are available to highlight the most recent versions of the client that's available to users:
- Office Click-to-run: Outlook Updates
- MSI: How to install the latest applicable updates for Microsoft Outlook (US English only)
- Review the Outlook best practices if the issue involves the calendar.
- Direct the user to run a scan by using the Office Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT). This tool reviews the details in a user's profile and highlights many known issues and available fixes. This scan includes calendar items that may have misconfigurations. Information and download instructions are available at KB 2812744 Office Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT) information. Details about the calendar item checks included in OffCAT are available at KB 2678030 Information about the Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook (CalCheck).
- Depending on the issue, an administrator may have to download Microsoft Exchange Server MAPI Editor (MFCMPAI) to resolve an issue.
- Administrator must have Full Access permissions to the mailbox.
- An online profile for the mailbox must be created.
Some scenarios require MFCMAPI. For example:
- When reminders cannot be dismissed or reappear. For more information, see KB 2949811 You can't successfully dismiss calendar reminders in Office 365 Dedicated.
- When the Outlook meeting tracking tab is not updated. For more information, see KB 2215547 The Outlook meeting tracking tab is not updated.
- If the issue isn't resolved after the previous steps, collect the following details:
- Who is affected by the issue?
- What is not working as expected (including specific examples)?
- Where is the issue being experienced?
- When did the issue start?
- How does the issue affect the user's work processes?
- Collect a Problem Steps Recorder (PSR) of the issue to help explain the scenario, and then capture screen shots and the user experience. For more information about PSR, see How do I use Problem Steps Recorder?
Article ID: 3140299 - Last Review: 02/18/2016 05:07:00 - Revision: 3.0
- vkbportal226 KB3140299