"You do not have permissions to view the records" error in Access web app
- In some scenarios Method 1 may prevent the error message, but you may still be unable to view data from your linked table. In that case, Method 2 should correct both issues.
- Before you make any changes to the Access app, save a copy of the app, and include your data by using an App package. For more information, see Create an Access app.
- Navigate to the SharePoint Site Contents webpage where your Access app is located.
- Click the ellipses (...) at the uppper-right corner of the app.
- Click Permissions.
- Click the here link from: "If there's something wrong with the app's permissions, click here to trust it again"
- Click OK.
- Open the Access app in Office Access by selecting Customize in Access from the settings gear icon in the app.
- Create a new linked table to the same SharePoint list that was previously linked.
- When you're prompted for authorization, click Trust It, and then click OK.
Note After the new linked table is created, it will contain the list name with a "1" appended to it, because the table name already exists in the app.
- Delete the newly created linked table.
You should now be able to use the original linked table and view its data.
Article ID: 3140416 - Last Review: 02/17/2016 23:29:00 - Revision: 2.0