No search results or a crash while searching in Outlook 2016
- No search results are found when you run a search in Outlook.
- SearchProtocolHost.exe crashes when you run a search in Outlook. When this occurs, you may find the following crash signature in the Application log for Event ID 1000.
Faulting application name: SearchProtocolHost.exe
Faulting application version: 7.0.10586.0
Faulting module name: MSMAPI32.DLL
Faulting application version: 0.0.0.0
Fault offset: 0x000017e8
- Open any Office application, such as Outlook or Word.
- Click File, and then click Office Account or Account.
- View the version that is listed under Office Updates.
- If the version is not at 16.0.6868.2060 or a later version, click Update Options, and then click Update Now.
Method 1: Make sure that the latest version of all Outlook add-ins are installed
Go to the add-in manufacturer website or contact the manufacturer for more information about how to do this.
Method 2: Disable the add-in manually
- Open Outlook.
- On the File tab, click Options, and then click Add-ins.
- In the Manage list select COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Clear the check for the add-in, and then click OK.
- Exit Outlook, and then start it again.
- In Control Panel, open the Administrative Tools item.
- Double-click Event Viewer.
- In the details pane, select Application under Windows Logs.
- In the Actions pane, click Filter Current Log.
- In the Filter Current Log dialog box, enter 1000 (as shown in the following screen shot), and then click OK.
Article ID: 3141013 - Last Review: 06/03/2016 21:36:00 - Revision: 2.0