Display issues occur when you deploy applications through RemoteApp Hi-Def mode
- You have a Windows Server 2012 R2 installation configured as a remote desktop.
- You have a client that's running Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) 8.1 or a later version.
- You start an application on a RemoteApp client computer.
- The RemoteApp is opened under Hi-Def mode (the default setting of Advanced RemoteFx support for RemoteApps).
- You open a child window of the application.
Also, when you hover over or try to click the visible child window, the movements and clicks are actually received by the active main window.
The following screen shot shows this issue. In this example, the Microsoft Dynamics NAV application is deployed as a remote app.
To work around this issue, disable Hi-Def mode on the RDP client computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, type regedit, and then click regedit.exe.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client
- On the Edit menu, point to New , and then click DWORD Value.
- In the New Value #1 box, type EnableAdvancedRemoteFXRemoteAppSupport, and then press Enter.
- Right-click EnableAdvancedRemoteFXRemoteAppSupport, and then click Modify .
- In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Article ID: 3151708 - Last Review: 04/07/2016 18:33:00 - Revision: 4.0