How to Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows XP
This article was previously published under Q315272
For a Microsoft Windows 2000 version of this article, see 162170
This article explains how to remove and restore the default desktop icons under My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places, and Internet Explorer.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Display, click the Desktop tab, and then click Customize Desktop.
- Click to select the check boxes for the desktop items that you want to display, or click to clear the check boxes for the desktop items that you want to remove.
removal deletion rid file name
Article ID: 315272 - Last Review: 07/17/2002 17:45:00 - Revision: 1.2
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- kbenv kbinfo kbnetwork kbui KB315272