Error Message When You Shut Down Computer: DEVLDR Not Responding
This article was previously published under Q315327
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
When you try to shut down your computer, you may receive an error message similar to the following:
DEVLDR not responding.
If you click End Now
, your computer stops responding.
This error may occur if you have the Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live installed on your computer.
To resolve this issue, remove or turn off the Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live Driver and reinstall the driver from the Windows XP CD-ROM. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click System.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click Creative Labs SoundBlaster, and then click Uninstall.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
- Reinstall the sound card driver.
The SoundBlaster live! driver that is included with Windows XP does not work. To download an update for the driver, visit the following The Software Patch Web site:
Article ID: 315327 - Last Review: 12/07/2015 08:31:01 - Revision: 2.3
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kberrmsg kbprb KB315327