"Click here to view more on Microsoft Exchange" hyperlink is missing in Outlook 2016
However, the following hyperlink isn't displayed as expected after the first message:
The following message and hyperlink are what you expect to be displayed:
For Click-to-Run based installationsTo fix this issue, make sure that your Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation is at version 16.0.6965.2053 or later. If it's not at this version or a later version, update your Office 2016 installation. To do this, follow these steps.
- Start any Office application, such as Outlook or Word.
- On the File menu, click Office Account or Account.
- View the version that's listed under Office Updates.
- If the version isn't at 16.0.6965.2053 or later, click Update Options, and then click Update Now.
For MSI-based installationsTo fix this issue, install the June 7, 2016, update for Outlook 2016. For information about this update, see the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Method 1: Use Outlook on the webUse Outlook on the web (formerly known as Outlook Web App) to view all items in the mailbox.
Method 2: Configure Outlook to keep all mail offline
- n the File tab in Outlook 2016, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings.
- Select your Microsoft Exchange account, and then click Change.
- Set the Mail to keep offline setting to All.
- Click Next, click Finish, and then click Close.
- Exit Outlook, and then restart it.
Method 3: Switch to online view
- In Outlook 2016, select the folder where you want to view the items.
- On the Folder tab, click View on Server.
Note If you switch to a different folder, you have to perform these steps again.
- Start Outlook 2016.
- On the File menu, click Office Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
Click-to-Run Office 2016 installation MSI-based Office 2016 installation
There's an issue that has the same symptom but a different cause from this issue. For more information about this issue, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 3154417 - Last Review: 06/22/2016 19:31:00 - Revision: 3.0
- kbgraphxlink KB3154417