FIX: Build may not work when you use TFS 2015 Update 2 in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
When you use Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2 in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, or Korean, Build may not work. The error message that resembles the following will be logged in the Build log file:
Invalid object other than ':' or '}' has been passed.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- If you are not the TFS team project collection administrator, make sure that you have been added as an agent pool administrator. See Agent pools in this article.
- Download and extract the compressed .zip file from here.
- Open a PowerShell console on one of your TFS Application Tiers and change the current location to the extracted directory.
For example: Run CD C:\TFS_2015_Update_2_Task_Updates
- Verify your execution policy to allow execution of the installation script.
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Scope Process -Force
- Run the installation script against your TFS collection from an Application Tier.
For example: .\Install-TaskUpdate.ps1 -CollectionUrl http://myserver:8080/tfs/DefaultCollection
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 3157964 - Last Review: 04/27/2016 06:39:00 - Revision: 1.0
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015
- kbsurveynew kbfix atdownload kbexpertiseadvanced KB3157964