Can’t add a Room or Resource mailbox in another forest in Outlook for Office 365 Dedicated/ITAR (vNext)
When you try to add a cross-forest Room or Resource mailbox in Outlook, you receive the following error message despite having Full Access permissions:
Mail user objects that represent cross-forest Shared and User mailboxes can be successfully added as an additional mailbox in Outlook.
The name cannot be resolved. The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list.
Mail user objects that represent a Room or Resource mailbox in another forest aren’t considered ACL-able objects by Exchange Server. Therefore, they are not found by Outlook.
Note ACL-able objects are objects that can be added to the access control list (ACL) for an object in Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
- Add the mailbox by using the LegacyExchangeDN attribute or the X500 email address instead of using the display name or SMTP address.
- Add the mailbox as an additional email account. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click File -> Info, and then click Account Settings.
- Click Account Settings.
- On the E-mail tab, click New.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, enter the Room mailbox name, e-mail address, and your account password.
- Click Next.
- If you only need to manage the calendar of the Room or Resource mailbox, you can add the mailbox calendar. For more information, see View calendars side-by-side or overlaid.
- Administrators can change the calendar processing settings to enable automatic management of meeting requests. There are different settings that let you create restriction policies for private or reserved resources. For more information, see Set-CalendarProcessing.
Article ID: 3161713 - Last Review: 09/23/2016 17:51:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Business Productivity Online Dedicated, Microsoft Business Productivity Online Suite Federal
- vkbportal226 kbgraphic kbgraphxlink KB3161713