MS16-076: Description of the security update for Netlogon: June 14, 2016
To learn more about the vulnerability, see Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-076.
- All future security and non-security updates for Windows Server 2012 R2 require update 2919355 to be installed. We recommend that you install update 2919355 on your Windows Server 2012 R2-based computer so that you receive future updates.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Update FAQWhy is security update 3161561 in this bulletin also denoted in MS16-075
Security update 3161561 is also denoted in MS16-075 for supported releases of Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2012 due to the way fixes for vulnerabilities affecting particular products are consolidated. Because bulletins are broken out by the vulnerabilities being addressed, not by the update package being released, it is possible for separate bulletins, each addressing distinctly different vulnerabilities, to list the same update package as the vehicle for providing their respective fixes. This is frequently the case with cumulative updates for products, such as Internet Explorer or Silverlight, where singular security updates address different security vulnerabilities in separate bulletins.
Note Users do not need to install identical security updates that ship with multiple bulletins more than once.
How to obtain and install the update
Method 1: Windows Update
Method 2: Microsoft Download Center
Click the download link in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS16-076 that corresponds to the version of Windows that you are running.
How to obtain help and support for this security update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help for protecting your Windows-based computer from viruses and malware: Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
File hash information
|File name||SHA1 hash||SHA256 hash|
Windows Server 2012 R2 file information
- The files that apply to a specific product, milestone (RTM, SPn), and service branch (LDR, GDR) can be identified by examining the file version numbers as shown in the following table:
Version Product Milestone Service branch 6.3.960 0.16xxx Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM GDR 6.3.960 0.17xxx Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM GDR 6.3.960 0.18xxx Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM GDR
- GDR service branches contain only those fixes that are widely released to address widespread, critical issues. LDR service branches contain hotfixes in addition to widely released fixes.
- The MANIFEST files (.manifest) and MUM files (.mum) that are installed are not listed.
For all supported x64-based versions
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 3162343 - Last Review: 06/14/2016 17:38:00 - Revision: 1.0
- atdownload kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbsecvulnerability KB3162343