Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook is not enabled in Outlook
CRM for Outlook will bind to your default Outlook profile. If you created a new Outlook profile after configuring CRM for Outlook, you need to run the Microsoft Dynamics Configuration Wizard to use CRM for Outlook with your new profile.
1. Close Outlook.
2. Do one of the following:
- In Windows 8 or Windows 10, choose Start, search for Configuration Wizard, and then press Enter.
- In earlier versions of Windows, choose Start, point to All Programs, choose Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Configuration Wizard.
3. In the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard dialog box, click the Add button.
You'll see the following (or similar) dialog box:
4. Do one of the following:
- If you're using CRM Online, select CRM Online from the list.
- If you're using CRM on-premises or later version, open a browser, log in to your CRM organization's website, copy the URL address (copy the whole address) from the address bar, and then paste it in the Add a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Organization dialog box.
5. Click Connect.
6. If prompted, enter your credentials.
7. Click OK.
If you are unable to successfully connect to your CRM Online organization, use the Microsoft Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant.
Article ID: 3164046 - Last Review: 05/13/2016 01:42:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbmbsmigrate KB3164046