Can’t receive email messages through Exchange Online (EOP) in Office 365 Dedicated/ITAR
- The object is missing certain Exchange attributes, or it's provisioned as the wrong kind of Exchange object.
- A distribution group is missing some members.
- You don't receive web-based email messages through Microsoft Exchange Online (EOP) even though directory synchronization is enabled. Additionally, the sender receives a non-delivery report (NDR) that resembles one of the following: 550 5.7.12 RESOLVER.RST.SenderAuthenticated; Delivery restriction check failed as sender not authenticated420 4.2.0 Recipient deferred because there is no Mdb
- The synchronized recipient object in Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is misconfigured.
- The synchronized recipient object in Exchange Online blocks mail routing from reaching the Office 365 Dedicated/ITAR environment.
- The synchronized recipient object Exchange Online (EXO) is misconfigured.
If there's evidence that the object in Azure AD is malformed, connect to the Azure remote PowerShell environment, and then run the following PowerShell commands:
connect-msolservice -credential (get-credential)remove-msoluser -userprincipalname <UPN>remove-msoluser -userprincipalname <UPN> -RemoveFromRecycleBin
This should remove the corrupted object from Azure and EXO/EOP. It will no longer be visible in ViewPoint.
Finally, begin the synchronization process from your on-premises environment to Azure AD. As soon as that sync process is complete, a new object will be created in Azure and EXO.
Article ID: 3164138 - Last Review: 05/19/2016 00:08:00 - Revision: 2.0
- vkbportal226 KB3164138