Error Message: Setup Cannot Set the Required Windows XP Configuration Information
Do not attempt to edit your BIOS settings. Consult your computer documentation or obtain technical assistance from the manufacturer.
Determine whether or not the hardware installed on your computer is compatible with Windows XP.For additional information about hardware that is compatible with Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click System.
- Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
- Click to expand the hardware you want to remove.
- Right-click the item you want to remove, and then click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- When the uninstallation process is complete, close Device Manager, and then restart your computer.NOTE: It may be necessary to also physically remove the hardware from the computer before you continue with Windows XP Setup.
Article ID: 316425 - Last Review: 12/07/2015 08:42:21 - Revision: 1.2
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbprb ocsso KB316425