FIX: Cannot connect to a mailbox when MAPI over HTTP protocol is used in an on-premises Exchange Server 2016 installation
Cumulative update information
For Exchange Server 2016To resolve this issue, install Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange Server 2016 or a later cumulative update for Exchange Server 2016.
- Locate the Web.config file. By default, this file is located in the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\mapi\nspi
- C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\ClientAccess\mapi\emsmdb
- Open the file in a text editor such as Notepad.exe.
- Delete the following lines in the file:
- <remove name="CgiModule" />
- <remove name="FastCgiModule" />
- Save and close the file.
Article ID: 3164346 - Last Review: 06/21/2016 17:15:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbsurveynew kbfix kbexpertiseinter KB3164346