Skype for Business 2016 freezes on a computer that has Malwarebytes is installed
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
The program lync.exe version 16.0.6741.2033 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: PID
Start Time: AppStartTimestamp
Termination Time: 60000
Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\lync.exe
Report Id: ReportID
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Skype for Business 2016 Click-to-Run clientsDeferred Channel: 16.0.6741.2048 and later builds
First Release Deferred Channel, First Release Current Channel, Current Channel: 16.0.6965.2058 and later builds
For more information about C2R Channel builds, see Office 365 client update channel releases.
- Exit Malwarebytes client. This may let Lync.exe (Skype for Business 2016) exit completely.
- Restart the computer.
For more information about how to set Web Exclusions, go to the following Malwarebytes website:
- Start an Office 2016 application.
- On the File menu, select Account.
- For Office 2016 Click-to-Run installations, an Update Options item is displayed. For MSI-based installations, the Update Options item isn't displayed.
|Office 2016 Click-to-Run installation||MSI-based Office 2016|
Third-party information disclaimer
Third-party contact disclaimer
Article ID: 3165866 - Last Review: 09/26/2016 15:35:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbsurveynew kbprb kbexpertiseadvanced KB3165866