How to Determine the Version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Portals Installed
For upgrading and troubleshooting purposes, it is often very helpful to identify the specific version and build number of the portal that is currently installed within a Dynamics CRM organization. The methods to identify the version of the currently installed portal are outlined below.
Adxstudio Portals Legacy Releases (Version 7.x and Below)
- Navigate to the portal's "about" page. By appending "/_services/about" without the quotes to the end of a portal's URL (ie. http://yourportal.com/_services/about), an about page can be reached that displays the portal version along with the validity of the currently installed license. This about page was added in the version 7.0.0007 release of Adxstudio Portals, so portals below this version will require one of the other two methods below.
Note: If the about page is unreachable, it is possible that it may have been rendered inaccessible by the portal administrator. Please contact the portal administrator for further assistance.
- Capture a diagnostic report using the diagnostic handler. By appending "/diag.axd" without the quotes to the end of a portal's URL (ie. http://yourportal.com/diag.axd) on the local web server, a diagnostics report will be generated that includes the portal version at the very top along with the versions of all related assemblies, CRM solution information, and other data. The diagnostic page was added in the version 5.x release of Adxstudio Portals, so portals below this version would require the use of the final method below.
Note: The diagnostic handler can only be reached through a browser on the local web server. If the diagnostic handler is still unreachable on the local web server, then it may have been removed from the portal website's web.config file. Please contact the portal administrator if further assistance with accessing the handler is required.
- Check the Adxstudio.Xrm.dll assembly version. On the web server hosting the Adxstudio Portals data files, navigate to the "bin" folder underneath the portal website's physical path (the physical path within the site's advanced settings in IIS), right-click the Adxstudio.Xrm.dll file, choose Properties, and then click the Details tab. The "Product version" value here will indicate the version of the portal (ie. 7.0.0022).
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Portals Releases (Version 8.x and Above)
Note: None of the above methods to check the version of a legacy portal are available for a version 8.x or higher portal.
- Reference the instance's solutions within the CRM Online Administration Center in Office 365. Sign in to Office 365 with a Global Administrator account, navigate to the CRM Online Administration Center, select the Instances tab, and click on the Dynamics CRM Online instance that is hosting the portal data. With the instance highlighted, click the "pencil" icon next to the "Solutions" heading in the panel to the right. On the solutions view, the value listed in the "Version" column next to any of the listed portal types (ie. Community Portal) that have a status of "Installed" is representative of the version of the portal installed.
Article ID: 3166126 - Last Review: 05/20/2016 22:13:00 - Revision: 1.0
- kbmbsmigrate kbsurveynew KB3166126