Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016 Update 0.4
Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016 Update 0.4 is now available. This article describes the features, fixes, and other changes that were included in the 19.4 update.
Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016 Update 0.4 build informationTo determine whether your organization has this update applied, please check your Microsoft Dynamics Marketing build by clicking the "gear" icon in the upper-right corner of the application and choosing "About". The "Version" value listed on this page should be at or above 19.4.x and the "Database version" value listed on this page should be at or above 19.0.0.0324.
For the latest downloadable files related to Microsoft Dynamics Marketing, please visit the Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016 - Resources for Download page.
New features introduced in Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016 Update 0.4
- Establish your preferred bounce-handling policy as the default for all new marketing email messages. Administrators can now establish a default bounce-handling policy (whether to purge or retain hard-bouncing addresses) for all new email marketing messages. Previously, the purge option was always the default setting when creating a new email marketing message, and now you can define the default setting. (Users can still override the default setting on a per-message basis if needed.)
- Find, share, and reuse digital assets across records and entities: Many marketing entities provide support for adding relevant files to individual records. Within the file system, each of these records has its own private folder for holding its files, which you can view on its maintenance page (Files tab). Users can now add references to files located anywhere in the file system to any record’s private folder, thus making those files conveniently available where needed, while also keeping a single source for easy updates and saving server space.
- Extended OData feeds for Power BI, custom analytics, integration and reports: New for this release are extended OData feeds for: event staff/speaker activities; media orders; media order items; media outlets; folders and user-defined fields for events; business segments; and business-segment, department, and division assignments for all entities that support them.
- Improved, standardized paging mechanism for multiple message in the SDK: The software development kit (SDK) has been updated to provide a standardized mechanism for paging through multiple messages, thus enabling more efficient coding while also introducing new possibilities. More information: What’s new for developers
- Use business segments to better align your marketing initiatives to your organizational structure: Use business segments to help organize, analyze and filter your marketing records. Business segments are not hierarchical, so they don't belong to a specific company, division or department and they can be assigned across these organizational lines. You set up business segments using the categories feature, which makes them available to the entire site, ensures consistent naming, and establishes a single source for editing and translation. And unlike departments or divisions, you can assign multiple business segments to a single record if needed. In connection with this feature, support for department and division assignments has also been extended to include more types of entities.
- (*) Establish a white list of permitted from-address domains for marketing email messages: You can now establish a white list of domains that are permitted in the from-address field for email marketing messages. Any message that does not include a valid and approved from-address domain will be blocked at send time (and reported as such in the performance results). This can help to improve security, prevent typos, ensure conformity to company policies, and increase deliverability by ensuring that from-addresses always match your DNS registrations. You can also disable this feature if you prefer to allow all domains in the from field (which is the default setting).
* NOTE: The from-domain whitelist is a preview feature, which means that it is considered stable, but may also be somewhat experimental, specialized, and/or narrow in scope. Preview features are hidden by default in the Dynamics Marketing user interface, but may be exposed as a full feature for all users in a future release. If you would like to expose these features for your site, please contact Microsoft Support for assistance.
Issues that are resolved in Microsoft Dynamics Marketing 2016 Update 0.4The following table lists the issues of siginifcant severity fixed in update 0.4.
|User is re-directed to error page when the file is uploaded through drag and drop in social Media||In some cases, the file uploaded for a social media outlet in campaign automation using drag & drop would fail and throw an error message.|
|Campaign entity not synching if CRM and Dynamics Marketing don't use matching ISO currency codes.||Campaigns cannot be synced from MDM to CRM if the CRM default currency in ISO format does not match the default MDM currency field 'account'. A warning will be displayed if this condition occurs, and documentation has been updated in help menu with suggested steps to resolve.|
|Relationships between marketing lists and emails can be deleted after CRM integration||In certain situations, a list could be removed from an email marketing message by the CRM connector.|
|Expired campaign can be reactivated||Campaigns older than 30 days could be reactivated. Now, if a campaign is more than 30 days beyond the end date, its reactivation should not be possible.|
|Canceled campaign still functioning if related workflow canvas is active||If campaign status is changed to canceled, it is expected that the workflow canvas would deactivate. During the upgrade to 19.4, if workflow is inactive the campaign will be updated to inactive and vice versa.|
|Crash when switching unsaved campaign to state Active||In some cases, when creating a campaign and setting the status field to active before saving other changes an error message had been observed.|
|Snapshot timeout when sending email blast||For email blasts to static like dynamic segments with huge amounts of contacts we have taken special measure to assure the processing of contacts.|
|Page crash occurs while importing a lead||With certain custom terminology applied in the area of user defined fields the import of leads with such fields may fail.|
|Invalid SQL is being generated: Combinatory queries for certain list combinations||Combinatory queries that combi9ne multiple dynamic and static lists with certain logical operations may fail on returning the expected contacts.|
|Copying old marketing queries containing UDFs creates queries that crash on opening||Copying of older marketing queries that use custom contact fields might fail. Now a better defaulting mechanism allows the query to copy, which the user can afterwards correct.|
|Query with new Interaction date creates invalid date format with default date||The default date for the interaction date in queries was using the format of the users local setting, which was not always recognized.|
|Data for Job Multi-select UDF 41 is missing in the OData feed.||One UDF field did not expose its data when reporting using OData.|
Article ID: 3168230 - Last Review: 06/14/2016 14:27:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Dynamics Marketing
- kbsurveynew kbmbsmigrate KB3168230