SharePoint is no longer available in the Outlook Social Connector
- In the People pane, you are prompted with the following:Unable to log in to: SharePoint. Click here to log in.
- In the Social Connector Account Settings, you receive the following error message:Invalid user name or password
Method 1: Remove the SharePoint Social Network account
- In Outlook, on the File tab, click Account Settings, and then click Social Network Accounts.
- Click the X to delete the SharePoint account.
Note The X may not appear in the Social Network Accounts dialog box. In that case, use Method 2.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to delete the SharePoint account.
- Click Finish.
Method 2: Disable the SharePoint Social Connector in the registryImportant Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
Disable the SharePoint Social Connector by using the following registry data:
To add this registry data, follow these steps:
- Exit Outlook.
- Start Notepad.
- Copy the following text, and then paste it into Notepad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- n the Notepad File menu, click Save As, and then select a location to save the file, such as the desktop.
- Enter a name for the file together with the .reg file name extension. For example: DisableSharePoint.reg.
- In the Save as type box, click All Files (*.*).
- Click Save, and then exit Notepad.
- Double-click the file that you saved to add the data to the registry.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control dialog box, if it appears.
- Click Yes in the Registry Editor dialog box to confirm that you want to add this to the registry, and then click OK in the next dialog box.
- Start Outlook.
Article ID: 3168951 - Last Review: 06/07/2016 20:21:00 - Revision: 2.0
- o365 kbgraphic kbgraphxlink KB3168951