INFO: How to Determine If Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3, 4, or 5 Is Installed
This article was previously published under Q316915
This article describes how to determine if Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3), Service Pack 4 (SP4), or Service Pack 5 (SP5) is installed.
To determine which Visual Studio 6.0 service pack is installed:
- Start Registry Editor (Regedit.exe). To start Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following key:
- View the REG_DWORD latest value. The data value equals the service pack version. For example, a data value of 0x00000005 (5) indicates that SP5 is installed.
For additional information about verifying that all of the files were installed, click the article numbers below to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
INFO: Visual Studio 6.0 Service Packs, What, Where, Why
HOWTO: Tell That a Visual Studio Service Pack Is Installed
vsetup vssp5 vssp4 vssp3
Article ID: 316915 - Last Review: 10/25/2006 06:09:21 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 3
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Service Pack 5