FIX: Permission issues when you use SQL Server 2016 Master Data Services
You may encounter the following permission issues when you use SQL Server 2016 Master Data Services (MDS):
- You are able to delete members that you don't have Delete permissions to.
- You cannot delete members that you do have Delete permissions to.
- You cannot clear the value of a domain-based attribute that you do have permissions to.
- You don't receive an error message when you use an MDS web service API to assign hierarchy member permissions to derived hierarchies with explicit caps.
The issues were first fixed in the following cumulative update of SQL Server: Recommendation: Install the latest cumulative update for SQL Server
Each new cumulative update for SQL Server contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included with the previous cumulative update. We recommend that you download and install the latest cumulative updates for SQL Server:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Learn about the terminology that Microsoft uses to describe software updates.
Article ID: 3170079 - Last Review: 07/26/2016 00:46:00 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 Enterprise Core
- kbqfe kbfix kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced KB3170079